Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oh Canada


I wanted to post about Canada sooner, so here I am just getting around to it now. We didn't know what we were going to do over our spring break and when I google mapped how far it was to my sister's house, I was shocked to find it was only 8 hours! She and I got married the same summer, and both had babies in 2010 and 2011. Our kids have so much fun together since they are so close in age, and we had never been up to visit them, so we packed our snow gear, found our passports and up to great north we went.

They were having a "mild front" passing through and it was so funny cuz they kept saying how nice it was, and we were still so cold! haha. 30 degrees feels cold to us after 50 in Maryland. It was really neat though to see that people don't stop their normal activities just because there is 3 feet of snow on the ground. People ice skate, ride bikes, push their kids in their strollers, and even jog on the frozen canal, and when we drove past a school, it must have been recess and all the kids were outside playing on the playground. Everyone is constantly in snowpants, boots, hats, gloves. (oh waterproof gloves. Hailey was highly unprepared and we ended up borrowing an extra pair from her cousin) We even took the kids to go sledding on a small hill one day that happened to be at a playground and there were two moms there all suited up along with their kids, playing on the playground. Like it was any other day of the year. I was super impressed. We are such whimps!

And boy did we eat well at my sister's house. I didn't want to leave! She had these choc chip coffee creamer scones, made a delicious venision pot roast with carrots and potatoes, the most amazing pulled pork sandwiches with sauteed peppers, and colby jack cheese....I tired to duplicate them this past weekend and they weren't nearly as good. She just like threw together her own bbq sauce and everything! And when she made enchiladas, she served them with a side of rice and a side of corn. Um, why don't I do that? Luke ate it like it was the first time he had enchiladas. He and Adam just kinda made a pile of it all on their plate and didn't say a word. Oh and Casey ate broccoli.

But enough of my rambling, here are some pics...


such good friends

 this way Hailey!

 lots of dance parties

 trains!

 storytime
 we bonded, this gal and I. I love her.

 beaver tail! Yum

 feeding the birds.....eager anticipation....

 the pro




 the novice

 Hailey got hot dancing, and wanted to take her shirt off. It started a chain reaction. They were hilarious dancing around in just their pants.



My sister is amazing, she put together this rice activity for the kids. They loved it! We are definitely doing it this summer on our deck.


I hope you all don't hate me, there were too many good pictures to hold back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment