Linking up with Jen and her followers over at Conversion Diary, you should too. I was about to do a post highlighting a few things from our week and then I remembered it was Friday!
1) All week I have been playing catch up. Whenever we do something fun over the weekend, I seem to spend the next several days trying to do all the things I would have spent my Saturday doing. Laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping...really makes me realize how productive my Saturdays normally are. Which maybe means I should spread stuff out more so when I miss a Saturday I'm not as overwhelmed the next week. But it doesn't happen that often, so I think I'll stick with it.
2) How exciting was Wednesday?!? I've spent the past few days reading article after article learning about our new Holy Father. Along with everyone else, I am immensely touched by his simplicity and humility. If you haven't come across this or this yet, I highly recommend reading them.
3) Latest favorite quote from Hailey was sparked by this week's excitement. Wednesday afternoon I said to her, "Hailey, say 'Habemus Papem!'" "Hop, Pop!"
4) Today I have been having a baking marathon of irish soda bread. Thankfully, the student I'm mentoring came over to help, she was a lifesaver!
5) Love spontaneous date nights in with the husband. Last night we watched Premium Rush, and it was pretty good. A little slow at times, but ok.
6) I'm considering signing Hailey up for swim classes. It is going to take some shifting things around, as it falls on Wednesday evening, right during the bible study I lead on campus, but I have been kind of wanting to switch our bible study meeting time anyway. And she would LOVE it.
7) I'm running out of ideas here....teething update? Why not. Casey is getting 5 teeth I think at the same time right now. It's hitting the toomanytocount, his whole mouth is in pain stage. Poor baby. Sometimes even Popsicles don't help, it's too cold and makes him cry. Teething tablets, oral gel and lots of snuggles seem to be his best remedy.
Hope you and yours have a blessed weekend! :)