Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Waiting

Let's keep this short and sweet, shall we? I've been having lots 'n lots of pressure waves. (That's what we call contractions in hypnobirthing). I've been walking 1 to 2 miles everyday and when last checked, I was 3cm dilated, 75% effaced. I'm praying this will happen soon. If you could toss a prayer up for me and baby that this birth is just round the corner, I would be so grateful! 

I don't have any before pics handy right now, they are on the camera, which is in the baby bag, which has already been put in the car. So maybe this is kinda lame without the "before and after" effect, but, here is the baby's room! 


This wall used to be purple and there was no way we could leave it that way now could we?! 

Decorating the wall is still sort of a work in progress. I will be adding more framed pictures once the baby has his newborn photo shoot. 

The comforter is actually a down comforter from Land's End that I've had since college. It is still in good shape but again, I did NOT want purple in this room! And it just needed a face lift in general. One duvet cover later, and bam! New down comforter! I'm so in love with it. I also love having a twin bed in the baby's room. It allows the room to double as a guest room when grandmother's/aunts/or Luke's boss come to visit and the pack n play and changing table just get pulled into our room. Hailey was asking me today if she could sleep in here with the baby. Cute. But no. 

I am SO in love with his room. I have never really decorated a nursery for any of my babies. Hailey's room in CO had similar colors to this, it wasn't very girly, it was more gender neutral, green and brown. But it was cozy and calm and I would look forward to spending time in there. That is kind of my goal for a nursery for me. I've never done a theme or had matching decor. It just has to be very warm and inviting, and have calming feel to it. My sister painted the most beautiful picture of the Blessed Mother pregnant for my birthday 2 years ago and ever since then it has hung in the baby room.


I would say the room actually is built around that painting. It is hung where I can see it from the lazy boy rocker and the colors in it are the same as the colors in the room. I also always do a pregnancy photo shoot to remember the precious time carrying each child and to show them later when they were in Mommy's tummy. Each life is such a gift and I need these reminders during those very trying moment's of pregnancy! So the room kind of becomes a mother/baby sanctuary of sorts, looking to our Mother Mary for help. The image of her often reminded me to pray a decade of the rosary during those frequent night feedings.

Anyway, I shall continue to sit here on my birthing ball waiting for these pressure waves to get stronger. They have seriously been like 10 minutes apart all day! Thank you again for those prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, been thinking about you and praying for you all day Megan! Love that pic of Mama Mary.

    ReplyDelete