Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away

A rare quiet moment. They were being so quiet I was almost afraid to get up off the couch where I was "taking 5" and take their picture.


It's been raining since Sunday and is going to be raining tomorrow too. Yuck. I typically don't mind a rainy day here or there, but 4 days in a row is a little much. I swear the house is getting smaller by the day. It's probably because I know we are moving in a few months to bigger, beautiful, greener pastures that has made this house seem unbearable at times. Luke, because he knows me so well and before I even made a complaint, said to me the other day, "please don't drive yourself crazy between now and when we move, thinking every day about how much you hate this place and can't wait to get into the next one." Mind reader, that man. 

I think another factor is Casey. When we first moved in, he was like 8 months old. Now at almost 18 months, he's everywhere and into everything. I'm trying so hard to be patient with the toys all over the place, fights, and no space....but it's hard when I'm tripping over blocks to get to the dishwasher.

So today, oh today, we left. We went down to the mall in Frederick so they could play in the kids play area. They desperately needed to run around and climb on things. It was a much needed break for them, and me. 

Tomorrow we have story time at the library and I have some new play dough tucked away that I've been saving for a rainy day. I think day 4 of rain will definitely qualify as a good day to bring it out. 




1 comment:

  1. I like the new "do" on your blog! Very cozy :) Ugh, rainy days can be so long and tiresome. It's been raining 3 days straight here and trying to accomplish homework has been m.i.s.e.r.a.b.l.e. Thankfully, sunshine is in tomorrow's forecast. Praying your day tomorrow doesn't reflect the weather! God bless!

    ReplyDelete