It's Friday! And since I am alone on this fine evening, I have the chance to spend some time on the blog and link up with the crowd via Jen.
1) What do you think of the new blog design? Or not new to you if this is your first time stopping over. Anyway, I mostly have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to techie things but somehow I got this much figured out. If I still like it in a few weeks, it just might be here to stay.
2) Tomorrow we are going down to DC to see the cherry tree blossoms! We're going to go on a little boat tour as well that we happen to have tickets for. It's with Capital River Cruises and is 45min long. I'm super excited and ever since we told Hailey about it tonight, she hasn't stopped talking about it. The girl is a little obsessed with water and boats. And friend we haven't seen in a while who lives in that area is meeting up with us for it as well. And we're packing a picnic lunch for afterwards. Can't wait! We hope to leave around 9am. I thought it was kind of early but.....
3) As Luke pointed out, we have been up every morning at 7am anyway, due to a certain son of ours screaming, so what's the point in hanging around? Let's just get out of the house and go! See, Hailey wanders into our room and into our bed at some point every night. So when Casey wakes up and sees she is gone from her little toddler bed, he is SO mad and freaks out and screams. Let me tell you, it is the most unpleasant way to wake up in the morning. Awful.
4) Luke and I love having a show to unwind and watch together in the evening. I know many couples who do the same and we love getting recommendations from our friends. Some that we've watched in the past are: Lost, Prison Break, Downton Abbey, and now our current show White Collar. Luke just admitted to me he is a little bored with it, but I really like. And we are about to start Season 2 so I think it will only get better. What do you enjoy watching?
5) I'll be 18 weeks on Sunday and have been feeling those little flutters of movement which is super exciting. I've already been having some lower back pain though which is not fun and the SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) that I had with Casey has the likelihood of showing itself way earlier this time around, I'm told this can happen....and may be happening. Please dear Lord, not yet.
6) This coming week is going to be intense. It's the last week of classes and Luke is swamped with end of the year stuff. I'm going to need to keep busy with the kids and plan simple meals to keep from texting him every hour with "when will you be home?" "I'm going crazy?" "will we ever see you again?" type of sentiments.
7) Today was full of messes. Water, pee, pretzels crushed on the rug, applesauce on the couch, and avacado that Casey pretty much decided to give himself a full body plaster with. Ohmygosh. He usually does ok eating with a spoon, he's 17 months old, but tonight was ridiculous. THANKFULLY, he was already naked because of having drenched his clothes with water (maybe it did feel good on his bare skin? who knows), so he simply ended up in the kitchen sink and getting hosed down afterwards. Those messes don't actually bother me that much. Its stains in their clothes I hate trying to get out. But I'm starting to get better at conquering those too!
Hope you and yours have a fabulous weekend!