1) Hailey has been throwing some terrible temper tantrums this week and it has lead me to wonder if we have been spoiling her. She is so particular about the way she wants things and throws a hissy fit if you don't get it right. Example: giving the two of them slices of cheddar cheese at lunchtime to buy me three minutes to make the rest of their lunch. Hand piece of cheese to Hailey who looks at it with disgust. Wants a new one. Why? Who on earth knows. Its too thin? Too thick? Too small? Cut her a new one, plus a second, and all is well again. Same sort of routine for peanut butter on a spoon (how dare I put it on the pink spoon and not the yellow one....or some sort of ridiculous thing as that). I'm probably the one to blame for giving into her whims. Sometimes I have a low tolerance for the whining, and while I want to be consistent with disciplining, some battles just aren't worth fighting to me. Like the thickness of a piece of cheese. Hand the rejected one to Casey, get her a new one and we all move on. But until now. As it seems to be spilling over to more and more situations. The new method of dealing with it is, "Hailey, this is the one you get, it's fine, if you don't want it, you can sit in timeout." Then I place her in the corner, the food item or whatever, on the counter and she either eventually takes it, or walks away. Here's hoping things start to improve, still too early to tell.
2) Casey is starting another round of teething, joy of joys. Picked up more teething tablets at the store today.
3) We are heading to Canada tomorrow to visit my sister, her husband and their two kids for a few days! The university has spring break, so rather than be cooped up in our house with cabin fever, we are taking the 7 hr, 52 min road trip to visit some family! I am so excited as we've never been up there to visit them. She and I got married the same summer, almost 4yrs ago, and her hubby is Canadian, hence their current dwelling place. I can't wait to experience their life up there.
4) Speaking of which, I have packed nothing yet and really should get on that. I have a load of wash waiting to be moved to the dryer, and another one ready to go in. My most productive time is in the evening, after the littles are in bed, so I think I'm waiting till then.
5) Do you take it easy during naptime? I could be accomplishing things around the house right now, but I use naptime as downtime for mommy too everyday. If they are resting, so am I. Or doing something for me. I'll usually start with my daily prayer time, then either nap, read, watch a show, blog, or work out and shower. I look forward to 1-3pm every single day.
6) Fridays in Lent are tough for me. Especially because I don't like seafood. I'm trying to expand my horizons but it's slow going. I have no idea what we are having tonight.....
7) Isn't he precious? I came home from the store and found him like this. Luke said he didn't help him. Tired teething baby. Who I may have just heard wake up.....