Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

What I Wore Sunday


This past week went by so fast, and I feel like we hardly did anything but you know how time still flies when you are busy feeding, cleaning, more feeding, more cleaning little ones!

This Sunday I pulled out an outfit I haven't worn in a while and remembered how much I love it.





Look at that girl - head back, knee bent, toes pointed. haha, I love it!

Mass was a little chaotic again, we hung out in the cry room the whole time. When I'm distracted the majority of the time by the kids, I try to grasp one thing (either from a reading, the homily or eucharistic prayers) to meditate on in the midst of meltdown city. Today it was Peter's trust. "But Lord, we have fished all night and caught nothing. But at your command I will lower the nets." It can be hard for me to trust when I don't know the outcome of something. Trusting in God requires Faith and so that was my meditation during Mass today, asking the Lord to increase my faith and seeking ways to surrender and trust Him more in several areas of my life.

We then had a good friend over for brunch, followed by lots of down time! 

Outfit stats for those curious:
Top: New York and Company
Skirt: New York and CO
Boots: Famous footwear (and yes I will probably keep wearing them very week till the weather gets nicer!)
Accessories unseen: pearl earrings and pearl bracelet

Hailey: dress from Target, leggings from Kohls.

Now head on over to Fine Linen and Purple and see some other beautiful daughters of God :)


14 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit! Good advice about grasping one thing to meditate on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! How can I get my daughter to pose like that?? adorable!

    you look fantab!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and I have no idea, she's such a diva at times. haha

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love the skirt. I used to work at New York and CO. in college and remember now why I took home absolutely no pay ;) So fun to "keep up" with your life each week, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NY&Co is definitely one of my favorite stores, although I don't shop there as much as I used to when I was a full time missionary. If I worked there, I would have no take home pay either!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh - love your red sweater and that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab.U.Lous!! love the pop of red with your sweater vest and who could resist the pointed toe little one. So sweet. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, you are so kind! :) You have a good week too!

      Delete
  6. What a sweetheart your little girl is! She's adorable! Love your outfit as well :)

    My sister is a FOCUS Missionary and we have FOCUS on my campus. I even got to go to Conference last month (incredible!). It's such a wonderful organization! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's awesome! Who is your sister? So glad you got to go to conference!

      Delete
    2. Susie works at the University of Mary Washington. She and I were able to attend conference with the same group.

      Delete
  7. you are always so stylish!!! man oh man!

    ReplyDelete