Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

6 Weeks Old

Today was Owen's 6 week check up. I just realized I wrote 6 Months up in the subject line and changed it! But the funny thing is, it didn't seem that off. This child is not 6 weeks old. I mean he is, but seriously, he doesn't look it, he doesn't act like it...when he was two weeks old we took his newborn baby pictures. I don't think I ever put them up here...well then...here you are...



We had such a hard time getting him to lie down! He kept pushing himself up on his forearms/elbows!!





He is so so strong. The way his arches his back, holds his head up, kicks his legs and resists when you are changing his diaper are all incredible. And being 23 inches long at birth, those 10 lbs were stretched out, no rolls, and honestly I think it's mostly muscle! He is smiling and cooing up a storm. Yesterday I had my 6 week appointment and today was his check up. At both places, everyone was marveling over his size, alertness and smiling and cooing. He acts like a 3 month old, and looks it. I have to remind myself he is a newborn. I'm worried that by starting out so big and acting so old for his age, it's not going to slow down, if anything it will keep going and even pick up! I've never wanted time to stand still so badly. I'm eating up all his babyhood every second because I feel like if I blink I will miss it. Truly. Today at his appointment he weighed in at 13lbs, 24 1/4 inches long. I love every ounce of this big big boy!


what he is doing at this exact moment
Sweet dreams, Owen.

No comments:

Post a Comment