Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Beach House

Since we have lived in Maryland, we have had the opportunity to occasionally go and stay at a beach house that belongs to some of Luke's family. We love going there! The kids beg and beg to go to the beach house. Sometimes I think that they think we have different places where we live. They will ask me on random occasions,"Where are we going Mommy? To the hotel? To Grandma's house? To the beach house?" Or..."Mommy, I wanna go to the (insert hotel, Grandma's house, or beach house)." And I must confess, we share their excitement! :)



So sweet, she wanted to bring with her the banner she had made as a decoration for the Hoedown focus party just the day before. 

And right after I took this picture, as we were heading in the front door, my arms were so full of bags, and Owen in the car seat over my arm. As I'm struggling through, Casey, who is already inside the front door and is watching me, sticks out his hand in a gesture of, "here, let me help you." My heart absolutely melted. It's a beautiful thing to me when a small child recognizes someone in need of help, and offers to help them. There wasn't much Casey could do, but he wanted to try! 





I think they look so much alike in this picture!



Hailey had such fun picking up sea shells





Casey didn't like the noise of the waves.



He preferred to look at the water from a distance.




They found this sand castle and and fun poking at it, and inspecting it.





Hailey got such a thrill out of running from room to room and finally claimed this one. Unfortunately, I couldn't let her sleep in there by herself. I think she liked it because it was the room with the starfish decor.





I love catching them in moments of sibling sweetness :)


Enjoying a much deserved rest and drink. 


The perfect place for the team to decompress.


When you don't have a lot of toys, you line up multiple cups of water. And it occupied them for a long time! We desperately need to simplify at home!



Our quiet, gentle, pensive daughter.





Family beach walk.






Helping Casey brave the water. 


Pure bliss.





No comments:

Post a Comment