Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Litany of Humility for Mothers

(A dear friend of mine shared this with me and it was too good to not continue to share it!)

A Mother’s Prayer of Humility

October 31, 2013 by 
O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, Hear me.
From the desire of being Mother of the Year,
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being the most clever mama…
From the desire of being the craftiest mama …
From the desire of being told my kids are the best …
From the desire of having the best behaved children …
From the desire of having the biggest house…
From the desire of being the best cook …
From the desire of being the most efficient …
Deliver Me, Jesus.
From the fear of my children failing …
From the fear of being left out of playdates…
From the fear of messing my kids up …
From the fear of forgetting to train my children properly …
From the fear of my children leaving me …
From the fear of my children rejecting me …
From the fear of doing things the wrong way …
From the fear of falling behind…
That other Mothers may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be more crafty than I …
That, in the opinion of the world,
others insight and methods may increase and I may decrease …
That others chore charts may be chosen and mine set aside …
That others may be praised and I unnoticed …
That others may be preferred to me in everything…
That others may be more organized than I, provided that I may become as organized as I should
Amen
Written by Rachel Balducci, inspired by her need for this prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment