Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Grateful

Luke is at focus summer training for 8 days so it's me and the kiddos and as we approach the end of merely day 2, I'm focusing on the small good things that have happened since he left. Because trust me, there is PLENTY that I could complain about.

-phone calls/texting with my sisters. They always brighten my day, even if our conversation is 5 min long. 

-diapers delivered to my doorstep. I always buy diapers online and sometimes I wait longer than I should to order more, and then we run out and I'm making a run to the grocery store to pick up a box. Then the next day or so, whenever the diapers arrive, we have an overflowing amount. Until we run out again. It's a crazy cycle, and I've tried automated delivery, setting them just to get delivered and my account charged every 2 months or so....but it doesn't really work out that well. We sometimes still run out, or Casey goes up a size and I forget to update my order, etc. Anyway.... yesterday we were out at playgroup and I thought about stopping by the store to get diapers, but knew the amazon order should be arriving any day, possibly that very day. So I took a chance. I put the last diaper on Casey before his nap and low and behold an hour into naptime UPS was knocking at my door with my precious box of size 5 Luvs. 

-chocolate. Although I'm thinking I should box every bit of it up and stash it in the attic while I'm doing this single parent thing because turning to chocolate every time I'm stressed is not.a.good.thing. 

-the Eucharist. Now that is what I need more of. Today I took the kids to 8:30 morning Mass. And it was the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I was so glad I was paying attention to the Holy Spirit prompting me to go all morning, without even knowing it was the Solemnity. We even stayed in the pew the whole time. Casey was a little talkative but there was a family of 7 in the tiny cry room so we stuck it out where we were. 

Off to put Hailey to bed, and hopefully will be blogging more in the week to come! I have a few other projects I want to work on around the house as well, so we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment