Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Do you juice or love smoothies?

Then here is something for you! My own creation, that actually came out great! So I know juicing might be a fad that has already passed, in fact my sister talked me out of doing a juice cleanse, and my brother-in-law told me that juicers are in goodwill stores by the dozens. Still, Luke and I decided to use some Christmas gift cards and get a Ninja. We were kind of wanting and needing something like this anyway, and we love it. It is amazing. It has the ability to juice, make smoothies, make mixed drinks, chop and dice food, and even mix up things like cookie dough and pizza dough. It came with it's own little recipe book too which has been fun. 

So I haven't done a total cleanse, I'm just trying to have healthy smoothies or juices a little more often in the course of a week. I get in so many more servings of fruits and vegetables this way, it's so great. And with all of Owen's allergies, I need to get creative!


This drink was a handful of spinach, a kiwi, a pear and some apple juice, and a little bit of water. Luke was making this one and he threw the whole kiwi in, I like to peel it.

Another one I love to make is: half an avocado, about a third of a cucumber (I scrape the seeds out), some spinach and a kiwi. Again with a splash of apple juice and water to bring it all together.

So there you have it! If you give it a try, I hope you like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment