Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

4 and a half months

It just doesn't seem possible. Where has my little baby gone?




At his 4 month check up he weighed 15 and a half pounds, and is 27 and a half inches long. He is wearing 9 month clothes, and his feet are sticking out the end of his car seat ( I think I already mentioned that in another post). We all just love him to pieces. My favorite moments are when Hailey plays with him on the floor on a blanket, she talks to him and hands him different toys. He lights up whenever she comes near him. Casey, about twice a day goes up to him and says, "hiiii, hiiiii, hi." Imitating the way I coo and talk to him I think :) But then he immediately adds, "ugg-a-mugg-a" while moving his nose back and forth in front of Owen's face. It sounds strange, but it's from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, a kids tv show on PBS that is a cartoon carrying on the legacy of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. It's a super cute show.

Owen is frequently in the swing while I am making dinner and will often drift off to sleep for a little cat nap. The last couples days though, he has wanted to be held. So I've been putting him in Ergo carrier. Well, it was pretty interesting trying to knead pizza dough while gentle bouncing to help lull him sleep. haha, he did fall asleep though and the pizza got made so I felt pretty good about that! And it was the sweetest thing, when he woke up after about 30 minutes, he turn his head and looked up at me and gave me the sweetest smile. I thought, how beautiful, to fall asleep in your mother's arms and wake up again in, her arms, seeing her face. I know it sounds sappy, but in that moment, his smile, reminded me how blessed I am to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment