Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

We moved!

The last time I posted, August 6th, Luke came home from work that day and told me we got the go ahead to move into the new house! As in, move in tomorrow if we wanted! Yes please, but cue Megan panicking! I had nothing packed!

Quick back story, the university told us the house would be available as of August 1st but our lease at our townhouse went through the 31st. Since we didn't want to pay rent in two places we were just going to stay put till the end of the month. I know I blogged about how the timing would be terrible, school would be starting, it would be getting closer to my due date, etc. I had SO much stress over it all. We told the school we couldn't start paying rent to them till September but asked if we could still move in 2 weeks early, August 17th-ish, to make the timing of everything a tiny bit better. That's when they got back to us saying, move in now! It's totally fine, and we won't charge you for August! Even as I type this I'm still so amazed at their generosity, and God looking out for us.

I turned into a packing mad woman and got everything ready to go in three days. Granted the townhouse was small and a lot of our stuff was in storage in the shed and in the attic, but I still had closets and all the stuff we live with daily to pack up. And with Hailey and Casey underfoot. Gosh, that is never fun.

We moved on Saturday, a week ago yesterday, and everything went so smoothly. We had 8 people helping us and it seriously went like clockwork. Hailey was so adorable marching her possessions up the ramp and onto the truck, she even told me, "I ride truck. I sit with Mommy, I ok, I not cry." Meaning, she wanted to ride on the truck with all her things. It took a lot of persuading why she couldn't. I will always remember her that day. She wanted to wear one of my big chunky necklaces and it made noise when she ran and she would kind of ruffle it with her hand as she ran to make the jingling noise more. She was running all over the place that day and you could always hear her coming and know where she was. She was bouncing with excitement and always wanted to be in the middle of everything. Seriously, it seemed everywhere I looked, there she was. She got so sweaty! Her face was flushed all day and wherever she went she had her Disney princess thermos with her guzzling water.  It was all so sweet and such an improvement from the last two moves where she would see the boxes and moving truck and cry!

Anyway, needless to say, we are so in love with this house. I will post pictures eventually, when it looks better :) But we have a garage for the first time, I have a laundry/mud room again, we have a fenced in yard! a big driveway for the kids to ride their bikes, and there are so many gorgeous trees on the property. It is so peaceful to sit outside and just soak in the trees, and all the green. You can partially see the mount that the school is on from our driveway.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

And exhausted. Since the move I've been having what I think is sciatic nerve pain and it is really painful. Even wearing my support tank doesn't help a ton. Doing some stretching and icing it seems to help the most. I'm trying to take it easy and not overdo it each day but I get super impatient to just get everything unpacked. I hate living among boxes and plus the kids just get into them. So it's partly necessity too.

The little things make me feel at home too. Like hanging the clock in the living room and the crucifix in our bedroom. We hung the kids special crucifixes in their room last night and they were so excited. After bedtime prayers, they always give Jesus a kiss goodnight and they were literally jumping up and down as we hung them by each of their beds. I think they slept better too. We put the rest of their special pictures on the walls as well, and they both seemed to take it as, we're staying for good. The first few nights they were restless, even waking up and crying in fear, but not anymore ;)

We are here to stay, kids. At least till next summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment