Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Sickness

This week has been brutal. The kids and I are horribly horribly sick. We traveled for Easter, were home for three days, then went away again for the weekend, and boy have our bodies crashed. Luke hasn't gotten sick, praise God, and I pray he won't. He has been keeping us afloat this week! He even took the kids to the doctor for me because I was too sick to take them myself. Maybe I should have been going to the doctor too but I was getting by with cough syrup and Tylenol.

I truly feel that mom's should not be allowed to get sick! Seriously, it's like the hardest thing in the world! Your house, husband and children depend on you for so much! Ok, maybe the husband can get by, but it's not easy. It's not what he's used to. Poor guy, Luke has still been trying to get work done, keep up with dishes, pick up soup from the store, change diapers, feed little tummies, keep them away from mommy trying to rest upstairs in bed. In the meantime, Mommy can't rest because all she can hear is whining and crying at the bottom of the stairs, she is thinking about the mountain of laundry that needs to be done, how her little ones are sick and miserable and just want to be held by her, and how her husband isn't getting anything done for his job and falls farther behind....and just is left feeling guilty.

No one made me feel guilty this week, I just did. I hate when I'm not able to take care of my family, they need me. This awful nasal and chest congestion, and wheezy, tight cough has made me stop and just be. It's hard for me to let things go, be a little messy, dirty, chaotic and out of sync. But everything was ok. And when this happens again in our life, as it is bound to, it will be ok then too. Even though it was really really hard to not be productive, take care of the house and my family, I had to take care of myself, and now as I'm on the mend I'm actually glad that things had to wait and life was sort of on hold until mommy was better.  It forced us to slow down, and I think in the end, it was what we might have been needing the most. Rest.

Praying Hailey and I are able to get some good rest tonight and we don't have coughing wars all night long again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment